Inion CPS® Fixation System
- Inion´s Biodegradable Answer for Cranio-Maxillofacial Surgery
All Inion CPS® implants have excellent handling properties, strength and degradation characteristics to support a more natural healing process.
All Inion CPS® implants are based on Inion biodegradable polymer blends which are composed of L-Lactide, D,L-Lactide, Polyglycolide and Trimethylene Carbonate (TMC). These polymers have a long history of safe clinical use.
Inion CPS® Fixation System is composed of :
|Inion CPS® System||- For Adult Patients Use|
- 1.5 mm, 2.0 mm and 2.5 mm Systems
Inion CPS®Baby System
|- For Paediatric Patients Use|
- 1.5 mm System
Mechanical Strength Retention After Implantation
|Inion CPS® System||70% of the initial strength after 9 weeks implantation||2-4 years|
|Inion CPS® Baby System||70% of the initial strength after 6 weeks implantation||2-3 years|
Since their introduction in 2001, the Inion CPS® implants have been used successfully in more than 60 000 operations by an increasing number of physicians
- The most comprehensive biodegradable plating system available - the only one comparable to titanium in its scope of use
- Quick and easy to use
- Fast screw fixation with the Inion CPS® self-drilling bone taps and the surgical Pro-Dex Pro-Driver
- Inion CPS® Baby implants reduce risk of growth restriction in children
- No permanent metal implant left in the body reducing risk of implant migration and stress shielding
- Predictable degradation progressively loads the bone to aid bone regeneration
- Non-interference with postoperative imaging (X-ray, CT, MRI)
- Addresses patient concerns about implant permanence, palpability and temperature sensitivity
- Avoidance of removal surgery, reducing patient trauma and cost
- Unlike other biodegradables, the implants are suited for all CMF areas, both adult and paediatric patients, including:
- paediatric craniofacial trauma and reconstruction
- fractures and reconstructive procedures of the cranium
- orthognathic surgery and trauma of the midface and maxilla
- fractures and osteotomies of the mandible*
* in conjunction with appropriate maxillomandibular fixation
Pro-Dex surgical Pro-Driver, model PDSD-5000-1
Link to operation technique videos.
For more information, please contact us.