Biodegradable solutions to spinal surgery
Inion’s spine surgery portfolio includes biodegradable plates, screws and necessary instruments for graft containment in anterior cervical and lumbar fusion.
The benefits of Inion® Spine Systems:
- Proprietary polymer compound of Inion® family of biodegradable materials: next generation of polymers which have long successful clinical history.
- Customisable plate design: exact contouring to patient anatomy
- No imaging interference: 360 degree visualisation of anatomy and graft.
- Variable angle screw design: optimal screw placement in every patient.
- Screw interlocks with the plate: reduces the risk of screw back-out.
- Screw head flush with plate: reduces the risk of soft tissue irritation.
- Plate allows graft settlement as it degrades: optimum fusion environment is maintained.
- Radio-opaque marker allows surgeon to monitor plate position without imaging interference.
- See-through plate design: intraoperative visualisation of graft.
- Avoidance of long term hardware migration: reduces the need for secondary surgery.
- Elimination of corrosion risk and metal-induced allergies
- No obstruction in revision surgery: reduces reoperation time.