Inion FixOn™ Biocomposite Suture Anchor is made of state-of-the art biocomposite material containing PLGA and osteoconductive β-TCP. Based on in vitro degradation testing, the polymer component of the device is expected to fully degrade within 2-3 years. The products are provided sterile and preloaded on a practical, single-use driver with two or three nonabsorbable sutures.
Indications (CE mark):
Inion FixOn™ Biocomposite Suture Anchors are intended to reattach soft tissue to bone in orthopedic surgical operations of the shoulder in the presence of appropriate postoperative immobilization throughout the healing period. Anchors may be used in arthroscopic or open surgical procedures.
Benefits of Inion FixOn™ Biocomposite Suture Anchor
- Excellent visibility of the implant during the operation: Inion FixOn™ Biocomposite Suture Anchor is the only colored biocomposite suture anchor on the market. The pigment (D&C Green No. 6) has routinely been used in implants and sutures for decades.
- Highly visible, strong sutures (white/striped/blue): Suprabraid™ sutures are prepared from ultra-high molecular weight polyethylene (USP #2, metric 5).
- Fast insertion and improved fixation strength over the healing period: The cannulated, fully threaded design with an additional thread in the proximal end increases cortical fi xation.
- Awl-only insertion technique: The high-strength implant material and optimized instrumentation enable the awl-only technique when preparing the insertion site in most bone densities.
- Optimal material composition: Biocompatibility, strength and degradation properties are supported by test data and clinical studies of similar material composition.
For more information, please contact us.