The Inion GTR™ Biodegradable Tacks are made of degradable copolymers composed of L-lactide, D, L-lactide, and trimethylene carbonate. These polymers degrade in vivo by hydrolysis into alpha-hydroxy acids that are metabolized by the body.
Benefits of Inion’s resorbable Tacks
Fast and easy to use
- Simple Tack loading by the single-use or reusable Tack Applicator
- Easy to reach the surgical site by choosing either angled or straight end of the Tack Applicator to insert the Tack
- Immediate Tack placement after drilling through the membrane – No suturing is necessary
- Bioabsorbable: no removal surgery needed; based on the in vitro testing, the Tacks retain approximately 80% of their initial strength 8 weeks after implantation
- Safe and synthetic biomaterials