Benefits of Inion’s synthetic bone graft substitute
- Complete degradation: Inion BioRestore™ bone graft substitute is gradually resorbed and replaced by new bone within 6 months in vivo.
- The highly porous and fully open structure, composed of fibers welded together, enables better flow of fluid, cells and nutrients and allows formation of new bone throughout the structure, inside and out.
- Controlled and significantly faster resorption and replacement by bone compared to other commercially available products (e.g. HA and other bioactive glass products).
- Osteoconductive and osteostimulative: Inion BioRestore™ actively stimulates osteoblast proliferation and differentiation while providing a scaffold to support new bone formation.
- Antibacterial: Scientific studies have shown that the bioactive glasses have antibacterial properties which may inhibit the occurrence of bacterial infection at the surgical site.
- Biocompatible, safe and easy to use: Synthetic origin shortens operative time and excludes risks of disease transmission and overcomes the limitations in quantity and quality of available bone grafts.
BRS-5430 Morsels 1.5 cc
BRS-5431 Morsels 4.5 cc
BRS-5432 Morsels in Syringe 5 cc
BRS-5433 Morsels in Syringe 10 cc
Moimas L, Biasotto M, Di Lenarda R, Olivo A, Schmid C. Rabbit pilot study on the resorbability of three-dimensional bioactive glass fibre scaffolds. Acta Biomaterialia 2006;2:191–199. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.actbio.2005.09.006
Inion data on file testing report T211R239/2016 Antibacterial effect of bioactive glass 0608TTU against Staphylococcus aureus ssp. aureus ATCC BAA-44, Staphylococcus aureus ATCC 49230 and Staphylococcus epidermidis ATCC 51625. Biosafe – Biological Safety Solutions Ltd., Kuopio, Finland; May 2016.